top of page

The Dental Claim Submission Process

The OEBAC Team would like to help clarify some of the recurring questions around dental benefits and claim submissions.

What you need to know about dental

Your IUOE Local 793 benefits plan includes coverage for:

· Preventive and Minor Restorative services;

· Major Restorative services; and

· Orthodontics.

You can submit claims for yourself, your spouse and/or your eligible dependents, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria (please see your plan booklet for details).

How to make a claim

With the move to OEBAC, it’s quicker and easier than ever before to submit your dental claims!

Instead of having to fill out and submit a paper claim form, you can now have your dental office submit your claims electronically on your behalf. Your OEBAC benefits card can be used at most dental offices, so be sure to show your card when you visit the dentist.

Depending on your dental office, there are two ways to get your claims paid:

1) Your dental office submits your claim electronically and gets the reimbursement For greater convenience, many dentists will submit your claim on your behalf and receive their payment directly from the benefits provider – with no out-of-pocket costs to you.

2) You pay for the services, your dental office submits your claim electronically, and you get the reimbursement – Some dentists require you to pay upfront for the services you received. They’ll still submit your claim electronically on your behalf; however, you will need to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement.

As with paramedical services, there are standard fee ranges for dental services in all provinces. However, these are guidelines and not requirements, so some dental providers charge more than others. Make sure you know what you’re paying and what’s covered, so you can get the most from your plan.



bottom of page