Frequently asked questions

General Information

Are my plans or coverage changing?

No! Your plans and coverage will stay the same. The only thing that is changing is who administers the plans. OEBAC is taking over from Global Benefits.

What is OEBAC?

The Operating Engineers Benefits Administration Corporation (OEBAC), is your new benefits plan administrator. OEBAC was founded by IUOE Local 793 to deliver best in-class service for the membership. OEBAC is taking over from Global Benefits in the administration of your benefits.

When does the Pension Plan transition to OEBAC?

Pension Plan for all members changes over on January 1, 2020.

Can I get additional OEBAC Benefits Cards?

Yes, just contact the OEBAC Member Service Center and a team member will assist you.

NOTE: your OEBAC Benefit Card info is also available in the OEBAC Mobile App.

How can I access the benefits booklets?

The benefits booklets are now accessible on OEBAC Mobile and OEBAC Online.

Please have a look at the tutorial video here.

  • OEBAC Online: Log in to your member profile, select OEBAC Online, and find the benefits booklets under Resources. You will be directed to a PDF link of the booklet. If you wish to receive a hard copy of the benefits booklets instead, contact OEBAC and we will be happy to mail them to you.
  • OEBAC Mobile: Log into the OEBAC Mobile App, select Resources, and then Booklet. A PDF document will be loaded to your phone’s web browser.

Can I still contact my Area Office?

Yes! Your Area Office will continue to assist in answering your questions and concerns. They can also provide you with paper claim forms. If you have a question concerning your benefits coverage, your Area Office will connect you with a member of the OEBAC Team for assistance.

Do I still need to keep my claims receipts?

Yes, you must retain your claim receipts up to 18-months after submission for auditing purposes.

How do I submit a claim?

You have several methods for claims submission.

OEBAC Online and the OEBAC Mobile App allow you to submit with options 1 and 2. You can find tutorial videos here.

1. Submit a claim by filling in the information: this method takes a little longer at the start, but is the fastest to have your claim paid. Most claims submitted using this method are paid within minutes... tutorial video.

2. Submit an image of a claim: this method is the fastest to submit, but takes a few days to pay your claim... tutorial video.

3. Mailed Claim: you can also submit via a paper claim through the mail. This method takes the longest and requires the proper form be included. The OEBAC Team cannot accept a clai without the proper form filled in and signed. If a claim comes in without a completed form or a signature, OEBAC needs to return to the sender. If you are mailing a claim, please make sure you have included all needed information.

How do I update my personal information?

If you need to update your address information (i.e. mailing address or phone number) there are tools to do so online. Simply login to your member account on and select the option for located beneath the Profile Information box on your main Account Overview page.

Keeping your address and contact information up to date is very important to ensure your claims are paid as quickly as possible.

NOTE: Updates to personal information are processed every Monday. Therefore, if you make changes after Monday, you will see them reflected on OEBAC Online or the OEBAC Mobile App the following week.

How do I update my beneficiary information?

If you would like to make a change to your beneficiary or dependant information AFTER your enrolment window has closed, contact OEBAC directly. You will need to fill in a form and send to OEBAC with a date and signature. Once OEBAC has the signed form, your changes will be applied.

Why do some claims or other documents get returned?

There are several possible reasons a document would be returned to a plan member. The most likely are as follows: -The form was not signed and dated (the OEBAC Team cannot accept a form that is not signed and dated) -There is missing or unclear information -A claim was submitted via mail that does not have a proper claim form filled in, signed and dated -If the designation of beneficiaries does not equal exactly 100 per cent Note: mailed claims take the longest to process and if there is information missing, it will greatly delay payment. Please ensure you have included all needed information with a mailed claim.

Why is the OEBAC postal code different on postage paid envelopes?

The postal code for the OEBAC office is listed as L6L 2Z9 on the postage paid envelopes due to Canada Post sorting processes. Don't worry, the postage paid envelopes will get to OEBAC. If you need the actual postal code for the 2201 Speers Road (Unit 1) address, it is L6L 2X9.

How can I check the status of my claim?

You can easily check the status of all your claims in seconds using the OEBAC Mobile App and OEBAC Online. For more information, please see this article. If you do not have access to the app or a computer, please contact the OEBAC Team directly.

Which claims take the longest to process?

There are a lot of factors involved, but by far the longest claims to process are the ones that are mailed to OEBAC without the proper form or with missing information. In the vast majority of cases, those claims must be returned to sender to be completed and re-mailed. To find out time saving tips for claims, please see this article.


What is OEBAC Online?

OEBAC Online is a web feature added to your member account on to make your benefits more accessible. You can access it by logging into your account and selecting the red button located on the Account Overview page.

What is the OEBAC Mobile App?

The OEBAC Mobile App is an app for your smartphone. It is available for both iOS and Android.

Video tutorials on downloading the OEBAC Mobile App can be found here.

What can I do with OEBAC Online and the OEBAC Mobile App?

Using OEBAC Online and the OEBAC Mobile App, you can:

  • Submit a claim

  • Check the status of a claim, see the amount paid, and how the claim was adjudicated

  • Check how much you have available in your Healthcare Spending Account (HCSA)

  • Check how much of your plan maximums you have spent and how much is left on your balance

  • View the details of your plan, and much more

Is OEBAC Online synced with the OEBAC Mobile App?

Yes. Any information you input on OEBAC Online (i.e. banking information or claims submissions) will be reflected on OEBAC Mobile, and vice versa.

NOTE: Updates to personal information are processed every Monday.

Can there be multiple users of the same OEBAC Mobile account?

Yes. You and your dependents can both download OEBAC Mobileon separate devices and log into your account using your registration number and password. But please be advised that you cannot use the app at the same time. If more than one person tries to login, access will be denied to both users.

Who do I contact for help with OEBAC Online and the OEBAC Mobile App?

If you experience issues with your account, please follow this link.

For other questions, please contact the OEBAC Team!

Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 10 P.M.




The Operating Engineers Benefits Administration Corporation (OEBAC)

2201 Speers Road, Unit 1

Oakville, ON L6L 2X9

What If Questions?

What if I want to submit a paper claim?

Paper claim forms can be obtained by mail, by visiting OEBAC's head office or your nearest Area Office.

You can also print copies from Visit the site and you will find a printable PDFs under “Forms”. Once completed, claim forms can be mailed to:

The Operating Engineers Benefits Administration Corporation (OEBAC)

2201 Speers Road, Unit 1

Oakville, Ontario L6L 2X9

When sending a completed claim form to OEBAC, make sure you include the following:

  • Your first and last name clearly printed

  • Your full home address and telephone number including area code

  • The proper claim form completed in full and signed and dated

  • The invoice or receipt from your healthcare provider

Please note: this is the most time consuming method of submitting a claim. In order to ensure the process goes as quickly as possible, make sure you have included all the needed forms and information. A receipt submitted without a claim form or an unsigned form, will be returned to the sender.

What if I don’t have access to a printer?

If you do not have a printer, you can obtain claim forms by:

  • Visiting OEBAC or your local Area Office
  • Contacting OEBAC or your local Area Office to request for a form to be sent by mail

What if my medical professional or healthcare service provider is unable to submit my claim electronically?

Please have them try a second time, the OEBAC Cards and information work, but sometimes an error can be made trying to enter data.

If your medical professional or healthcare service provider is unable to submit your claim electronically, you can arrange to make payment and obtain a detailed receipt.

Submit your claim through OEBAC Online or the OEBAC Mobile App.

What if I am a member, but I don’t have a member profile set up online?

If you are a Member in Good Standing with the Local 793 and do not have an online account set up, register for one now at

If you experience an issue, please contact IUOE Local 793 support.


Mon - Fri: 

8:30am - 4:00pm EST

for all normal OEBAC Inquires

8:30am - 9:00pm EST

For Relief Grant Questions

© 2019/2020 view our 

Operating Engineers Benefits Administration Corporation

IUOE Local 793 Benefits Administration

Oakville Ontario, Canada