Important IUOE Local 793 Benefits Coverages for Members during this COVID Pandemic
Who can I speak to if I require counselling to help me or my family members?
Your Benefits Plan offers a Member Assistance Program through Great West Life and Shepell.fgi. This program offers the following coverage for eligible Active and Retired Plan Members and their dependants.
Member Assistance Program
Your Benefits Plan offers a Member Assistance Program through Great-West Life and Shepell.fgi. This program offers the following coverage for eligible Active and Retired Members and their Eligible Dependants.
- Assessment counseling, case management and referral services.
- Work-life support and resources.
- Online services.
- Trauma response service.
- Employer / manager support services.
Best Doctors was founded by Harvard Medical School professors and provides an in-depth interconsultation and review of an eligible Active or Retired Member’s medical files to confirm diagnosis and treatment.
- Best Doctors 360° - helps members navigate the healthcare system to take control of their own healthcare.
- FindBestDoc - locates a specialist if a member does not have one.
- FindBestCare – provides access to hospital and doctor discounts if out-of-country care is necessary. Out-of-country costs are the responsibility of the Active Member.
To be eligible for this service you must be a member in good standing with Local 793 and covered under the Active Benefits Plan. This benefit is provided through a partnership between Best Doctors and Great West Life. To contact Best Doctors, call 1-877-419-BEST (2378) and you will be connected to one of the member advocates – a Registered Nurse – who will help you get started.
What other benefits can I access from my Benefits Plan to help me and my family during these stressful times?
- Psychological treatment services by a psychologist, psychotherapist or social worker, have been increased this year from $1,000 to $2,000 for Active members and their dependants (combined, to a maximum per person, per calendar year). Retired members coverage is increased from $500 to $1,000.
- Psychological assessments for Active members and dependants performed by a registered psychologist are increased to a maximum of $2,500 (per person, per calendar year) and Retiree assessments are increased to $1,500.
- Short term disability (STD) benefits for active members has been increased to $800 per week. This increased STD benefit is integrated with Employment Insurance benefit payments.
For further details, Members can review the Benefits booklet on the Mobile app or on the Union website.